About Dr. Khalid M.A. Sheikh
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, Long Beach, CA
Consultant, Department of Radiation Oncology
- Supervise clinical and experimental research conducted by the attending staff and visiting clinical fellows.
- Manage Endocurietherapy Foundation (a non-for-profit organization which promotes the knowledge and understanding of radiation oncology, Brachytherapy & Hyperthermia).
- Managing editor of The Journal of Brachytherapy, International
Hi- Desert PET Imaging Center, Victorville, CA
President/ Administrator, free standing PET/CT & Nuclear Medicine business
MEMORIAL HEALTH SERVICES, LONG BEACH, CA
Vice-President, Memorial Health Services Research Administration MHS is a parent organization that owns & operates five medical centers
- Developed and implemented research policies and procedures to meet the guidelines of the FDA and DHHS for human rights research, their safety and other ethical
- Supervised the office of Research Administration, animal care facilities and research laboratories, including the development of policies and budget for these entities.
- Supervised an average of 700 active research projects per year with an approximate
budget of 3 to 5 million per year.
- Assisted the VP research in developing and supervising research policies and procedures For the Institutional Review Board (IRB), animal care and use in research.
K.M.S. CONSULTING, Whitter, CA 1972-1995
Assisted in architectural design, strategic planning, management and Infrastructure development of hospitals, Medical Centers and cancer centers.
McGill University / Cancer Institute , Montreal, Canada
- Loyola Medical Center / Cancer Institute, Maywood, Illinois
- Memorial Health Services Research Institute , Long Beach, CA
- BiBi General Hospital and Cancer Center, Hyderabad, India
- Imperial Medical Center and Multi‐specialty Hospital, Bangalore, India
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNA, IRVINE
Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine
Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- LOYOLA UNIVERSITY STRITCH MEDICAL SCHOOL , MAYWOOD, IL
Associate Professor, Department of Pathology
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNA , LOS ANGELES, CA
Assistant Professor, Department of Neurological Surgery
- MEMORIAL MEDICAL SCHOOL, ST. JOHN’S, CANADA
Post‐Doctoral Fellow: Pathology
- MCGILL UNIVERSITY, MONTREAL, CANADA
Post‐Doctoral Fellow: Cancer Research Unit
- Secretary, MHS-Research Policy Committee.
- Secretary, Memorial Health Services (MHS), Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Chair, Animal care and use committee (IACUC).
- Chair, MHS, Research review committee (a supervisory body to conduct review of on-going
research in MHS hospitals).
- Member, Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, CA (LBMMC Institutional Review Board).
United Nations Fellowships-1991-1999
- United Nations Fellow, WHO/ TOKTEN project. Consultant Immuno-oncology, Assisted in
developing cancer diagnostic and research laboratories in Pakistan.
- United Nations Fellow, WHO/TOKTEN project. Consultant for strategic planning of clinical
research and developed infrastructure for clinical trials in Shaukat Khanam Cancer Center and
Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan.
Boards of Directors-1978-2002
- Endocurietherapy Research Foundation, Long Beach, California
- Alliance Research Consortium, Washington, DC
- American Cancer Society, Long Beach Chapter, Long Beach, California
- Long Beach Enterprise Center, Inc., Long Beach, California
- Foundation for Latex Allergy Research & Education (FLARE), Long Beach, California
- Health Care Administration Program Advisory Committee, CSU Long Beach, California
- Society of Research Administrators (International), Washington, DC
- American Endocurietherapy Society, Long Beach, California
- Over 60 research articles in peer reviewed journals
- Over 300 presentations at national and International conferences in the fields of immunology, hyperthermia, brachytherapy, hospital management , clinical trials, research and research
- Over 25 funded research grants from NIH, NCI and private organizations.
London University, UK, 1972, Ph.D., Physiology.
University of LAVerne, USA, 1992, M.A. ,Health Care Management.
Punjab University, Lahore, Pakistan, 1954, M.Sc., Microbiology & Botany, B.Sc,. Biology & Chemistry